Day 214 of 365 Days of Writing Prompts: List your character’s top 10 favorite things.
- The smell of fresh air behind a screen window.
- A night sky dark enough to see the stars.
- The warm kiss of sunlight peaking through the clouds.
- Soft sand between my toes.
- Shade on a hot day.
- Recalling a memory that makes me laugh out loud.
- A deep conversation late at night.
- The taste of great food.
- The comfort of a long awaited hug.
- The joy of an unexpected surprise.
- Jazz music
- Red lipstick
- Sweet potatoes
- Late night talk shows
- Prank wars
- Face masks
- Boat rides
- Rain puddles
These are a few of your character’s favorite things.
1. Mid-summer thunderstorms where the emerald grass shivers and the clouds crash like waves on the shores of slate mountains.
2. The dusty smell of old books and ink stains mingling with the heavy, bittersweet scented smoke of a bonfire.
3. Lonesome, shivering tunes called out in the darkest of nights, reaching only those too damaged to resist their meaning.
4. Watching cherry blossoms drifting gracefully to the white-dusted ground with their light scent reaching you on the warm breeze.
5. Hearing jingling bells in a strange place and being unable to determine the source; a wonderful sound without reason.
6. The sky being so clear and surroundings so dark that you could lay back and see every star imaginable.
7. Giving someone a tight hug that you’ve been waiting forever to give, and feeling them melt in your arms.
8. A clear sandy beach under the warm sun on a well-deserved day off with the waves tickling your toes.
9. Smelling a familiar baked good, which you then get to devour shortly after it’s come out of the oven.
10. The feeling of elation when you finally finish a piece of art you’ve been slaving over for a lifetime.
1. Rainy days with no thunder
2. Movies set in the medieval time period
3. Martial arts
4. Freshly fallen sticky snow that’s three feet deep
5. Random acts of kindness
6. Waking up to a quiet house (and a mug of coffee)
7. Going to Josh after a nightmare
8. Having one thing or person to protect above all else
9. Flowering trees
10. The sound of his name on a loved one’s tongue